Sunday, December 09, 2007

From my prayer journal...

Despite the chaos of the last week (finishing assignments, and starting to prepare for finals, etc), there's so much I'm thankful to God for at this time... an amazing wife, wonderful friends, the privilege of studying at Regent College, and the list goes on. But what I'm most thankful for at the moment is a profound sense of the Holy Spirit's 'nearness'. Which is why I wrote the following late last week...

You are the One who comes to me
In the moments I least expect
In the middle of the night
During the chaos of the day
Surprising me both with the tenderness and the sternness of Your love
Your artistic hands moulding me
Scandalous as it is to say
Into someone beautiful
For Your pleasure
And the benefit of others
You have not finished with Your creation yet, O God
And I am thankful
May Your mercy soften me
And Your judgement shape me
You are the One who comes to me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm finally getting around to reading your blog. Sorry it took me so long.

Your artistic hands moulding me
Scandalous as it is to say [SOMETIMES SCANDALS ARE NECESSARY! HMMM]
Into someone beautiful [TRUE!!]
For Your pleasure [HE IS PLEASED WITH YOU]
And the benefit of others [I AM ONE WHO HAS BENEFITED]

Thanks, Nathan, for letting us into your heart here. It is a gift to be able to read this prayer, and I am inspired to get back into my own journal over Christmas break.

Thanks for being you!
Ape

Anonymous said...

Nathan - appreciate your honesty in this. I am so grateful for you and Bron.