Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm finished!

I'm surrounded by books, the place is a "bomb site", I'm tired (I didn't get to bed until 3am), I'm missing Bronwyn (who is on Galiano at the moment), BUT... I'm pleased to report that my academic year has come to an end, with the completion of my exegesis paper on Luke 3:21-22. And what a year it has been!

There are two things I want to quickly share, before I head off to Galiano. These may seem a bit random, but I hope not!

1. Just before we left NZ in 2006 I had a short dream (or was it a vision?) in which I saw a large footprint on the sand. A smaller human foot then placed itself on the larger footprint. As I awoke, I sensed the Lord saying to me: "I will lead you one step at a time, as you follow me." This dream has been my reality over the last academic year. I praise God for the way he has lead me step by step; and trust Him that he will continue to do so.

2. Ephesians 3:20 says: Now unto him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to the power that is at work within us. I now KNOW at the very core of my being that God can do more than I ask or imagine! He has shown me this over the last academic year. And my heartfelt response in knowing this is to complete Ephesians 3:20: to him be all glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!

No comments: