Saturday, May 10, 2008

From Pentecost Sunday

Sentence for the day:
"The love of God has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5:5

Prayer for the day:
Father, you have filled your people with the Spirit
who rested first on your Son
and united us in your Church;
open the channels for your Spirit
that we may freely work together,
and your kingdom and your rule increase.
Amen.

To which I add my own prayer...

It is amazing to think...
That the One who hovered over the earth at creation
Also dwells in my heart.
It is amazing to think...
That the One who empowered the God-Man, Jesus Christ
Also empowers my life.
Come, Holy Spirit, come.
Take hold of me
That every aspect of my life would reflect the image of the Triune God.
Grant me great sensitivity to Your voice
As You lead me into Your truth
Forgive me when I have grieved You by pursuing my own agenda instead of Your ways
Help me to seek the unity of the Church
To love all that the Father has created
And to yearn and to work for the renewal of all things.
In Christ's name I pray.
Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for this - to help me stop and consider.

Anonymous said...

Nathan, you are a gifted poetic pray-er. Thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to another blog post from my dear McLellans. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey - I agree with Ape - where's the next Blog post!!?? I know dial-up is a problem... you guys will have the same probs with me no doubt over coming months - Lord help me cope!